It’s no secret that all of us want to stay fit and healthy, but lets be honest, it is entirely too hard to fit workouts and gym visits into our busy and demanding daily schedules. These tips make it possible to be lazy but still manage to knock off a couple of pounds, and of course if you aren’t going to exercise the only way to do so in through food control. Yes put the large portioned fatty foods down and walk away!!! Here are some ways to control your weight without having to spend hours, that you don’t have to give, in the gym.
1) Always order a size small. Whether it’s your smoothie, frozen yogurt, beverage, soup, or salad, remember that if you want to be small you should order that way.
2) When you go out to eat at a restaurant always start your meal with a side soup or salad. This will leave less space for the main course which is usually packed with calories and carbs.
3) A lot of times we mistake thirst for hunger. So when you start to feel hungry throughout your day have a glass of water instead of a unhealthy snack like a bag of chips or candy bar.
4) Save your calories for your food and not your drinks! We take in a lot of our daily calories and sugar from our beverages. So trade in your favorite sugary beverage for water and add fresh fruit for flavoring.
5) Give yourself a nightly food cut off time around 7 or 8pm. Food and calories give us energy, and we don’t need energy to sleep. After you have your dinner make yourself be done for the night, unless it’s a glass of water.
6) Don’t eat out of the bag! This is the easiest way to over consume! Give yourself a portion on your plate so that you can see how much you are consuming.
7) Only firsts, no seconds!! It takes time for you to digest your food and feel full. Give it some time and you’ll see you really don’t need seconds.
8) When watching TV watch something that makes you laugh! Comedy is the best way be a coach potato and gain some benefits. Laughing will help you burn more calories than just sitting there.
9) Eat leftovers! I know we don’t care for leftovers, but you are less likely to indulge in foods that you eat regularly.
10) Eat slower! Eating more slowly and literally setting your eating utensil down in between bites will help you to eat less