Being a woman is a tough job to say the least! You throw in the responsibilities, our emotions, and the people that just get on our last nerves and it makes you wonder how we survive it all. In between making sure everyone and everything around us is taken care of, too often we forget about ourselves. The only way to get us through the daily chaos without having a meltdown is to sometimes treat ourselves to a little treat! Here are just a couple of ways we as women can give ourselves some much needed me time. Even if you’re single, you don’t need someone else to make you feel awesome and appreciated. Even though some may sound a bit cliché, they are a popular choice for a reason…. They really work. So carve out some free time for yourself and get lost in one of these easy get aways.
1) A sultry bubble bath: You don’t have to go very far to treat yourself. Get out the tea light candles, your favorite playlist, some amazing smelling soap, and soak! Fill your bath tub up as warm as you can stand it and just lay there, relax, listen to your music and give yourself a mental hour or two to just concentrate on thinking about nothing.
2) Retail Therapy: Sometimes it takes a little trip to the mall to help you escape reality! You know that bag, or shoes, or necklace that you’ve been eyeing in that store window for over a month now? It’s time to go treat yourself to it, because you deserve it!
3) Spa Day: I’m sure you aren’t the only person who needs an escape so call up 1 or 2 of your best girlfriends and plan a day at the spa. Or if your friends are the ones you are desperately trying to get a break from (it happens to all of us, it’s not unnatural) then plan a day by yourself to recharge and be pampered!
4) Get glammed up for absolutely no reason at all and take a day out on the town! Set up a hair appointment, then head over to your local MAC counter or Sephora and get your make up done. Let your fierce alter ego come out for one night and work it!!!
5) Take yourself on a day date somewhere to just relax. Depending on where you live head to the beach, a rooftop, a bridge, on a hike, or anywhere with a great view and just take some time to reflect on yourself and your life. Acknowledge what you’ve achieved and make a plan to achieve what you haven’t.
6) Have a movie night! Go out and get your favorite snacks, some wine, popcorn, and your favorite chick flicks or tv show! Voila, recipe for success! Spend your evening/night just sitting on your couch eating cookies, brownies, ice cream, drinking some wine, and cleansing your emotions! Fall asleep on the couch and come back to reality the next day.
There you have it! The easiest ways for you to just get away, without actually getting too far away for too long! Make some time for yourself first, then everything else will fall into place.